You can receive personal support and guidance from Natasha with Scrbbly Tuition.
Here's what I offer:
- Private tuition sessions - you can book in regular slots with me, or just schedule sessions as and when needed
1-1 tuition pricing: £55/hr
Group Tuition Sessions - for students who are unable to afford my hourly rate, I provide group sessions where I tutor small classes of 3-8 students. You can choose whether you want a one-off or regular sessions, and also whether you need help with Language or Literature.
Group tuition pricing: £25/hr (per student - minimum 3 per session)
Marking and Proofreading
If you require specific feedback on essays and practise exam papers, I am happy to mark and/or proofread your answers for you. This will help you understand what level you’re currently working at and how to improve.
There are two options: I can just mark the paper according to your mark scheme, or I can mark it and give you detailed feedback on how to improve and why you are at the given grade.
- Please note that I will only mark full exam papers, not individual exam questions as it is not an efficient use of my time to mark individual questions
- £30 per 1000 words for exam paper marking
- £25 per 1000 words for proofreading (grammar, spelling, punctuation)
- £55 per exam paper for marking and detailed feedback notes on each question
- £30 per 1000 words for coursework, NEAs, EPQs or university essay assessments
* For other markings, editing or proofread enquiries please message me and I will give you a bespoke price rate for your project.
Poetry Analysis (either single or the full courses) - if you can't find on the website a poem or a course that you need, feel free to send me an email with your request
- £20 per poem
- For a full course, the price is negotiable, feel free to get in touch for more info.
Please note that when it comes to 1-1 sessions, I ask for payment 1 day in advance of the lesson; this is because I require 24hrs notice for changes or cancellations to booked lessons so that I can plan my schedule in advance and help as many students as possible.
To arrange a lesson or for any other information, send me an email: [email protected]
Experience and Qualifications
I have been an online teacher and private tutor since 2012. During this time I have also worked as Head of English for an online home school, and I am currently an AQA English examiner. I work with students from all around the world, from early Secondary School (aged 11) up to Degree and Masters's level.
I have a First Class BA Hons in English from the University of Bristol (graduated 2012), and a Distinction grade in my TEFL qualification, which was an intensive 140hr course with TEFL Cambridge. I am fully DBS checked and can provide references upon request.
Learning and teaching is more than a job; for me, it’s a way of life. I have a total enthusiasm for learning of all kinds, and I enjoy passing this on to my students. I have an adaptable approach to teaching because I believe each student learns best in his or her own way. My tuition sessions will always work with you and go at your pace to make sure you’re getting the most out of our time together.
I have a great track record of quickly getting students to engage with their subjects and dramatically boost their grades. Many of my students have gone from D grades to As and A*s within a few months. Also, in the past 4 years, I have received exclusively 5* reviews across three different tuition platforms. This is because I help students to learn in their own way and also to become self-critical - to understand what’s good and bad about their work, and how to improve.
I provide online private tuition via Skype or Google Hangouts. Whether you need help improving your technique, understanding your texts or figuring out how to tackle essays and exams, my tuition sessions will hugely improve your confidence, your writing and your grades. I don't put limits on the expectations of students; if you are motivated and care about your work, I will help you to get the highest possible grades.
In our sessions, you will:
- Work with me to create a bespoke and personalised lesson plan that targets your own strengths and weaknesses
- Improve your essay writing skills and exam technique
- Receive focused and personal support
- Engage with your subject and texts on a deeper level
- Prioritise the areas where you need to improve the most
- Get motivated, focused and inspired
- Achieve the highest possible grades
- Work towards your own personal career and further education goals
To submit your request, or further information, drop me an email: [email protected]
You will be provided with the motivation, inspiration and focus that you need to meet your deadlines.